Guide to the Conference Site
The String Phenomenology 2004 conference takes place on the central campus
of the University of Michigan. The following locations are indicated on the
- The main conference venue will be held in the Chemistry
Building. The talks will be held in the main lecture auditorium, 1800
Chemistry. Registration, information packets, and refreshment tables will
be present in the Upper Atrium just outside of the lecture auditorium.
- Brunch on Sunday, August 1 will take place from 11am - 1pm in the Upper
Atrium of the Chemistry Building (ground level,
near lecture auditorium 1800 Chemistry).
- Receptions will also take place in the Chemistry
Building but in the lower atrium (basement level). These will take place
from 6-8pm Monday and Thursday evenings.
- A Barbeque will take place outside, East of the main Physics
buildings entrances (Randall Lab and West Hall). This will take place from
7-9pm Wednesday, August 4th.
- Computing facilities will be available in the Science Learning Center (1720)
located also in the Chemistry building. To have
access you MUST register prior to conference. Other computing facilities may
be available. More information will be provided upon arrival.
For a map of central campus click here.
For travel information please visit our "Visitor
Information" page provided on the MCTP homepage. Directions from
DTW airport to Ann Arbor, weather/forecast, parking details, and general information
about Ann Arbor can be obtained there.